Monday, March 04, 2013

Diligence, recognition, motivation...


I tell myself everyday, that I must be diligent as I've learnt wise words about being diligent.
Firstly, that is necessary to satisfy my physical needs.
Secondly, I know that good work brings good satisfaction, which satisfies the mind and soul.
Thirdly, I enjoy going to work and chatting with colleagues and friends over lunch and tea breaks. Building good relationships that will last.

Proverbs 13:4 The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.
Proverbs 30:25 Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer;


However, Motivation has been elusive to me. I'm the 三分钟热度kind, little perserverance. I have hardly any difficulty aceing anything until the programming modules in university. oh, and chemistry in jc. the thing is, if i dont enjoy something, i dont mind not doing well for it. I've believed that i did really well in jc and uni because i was truly interested in what i studied. so... does that mean that i'm not enjoying what i'm doing now? i feel interested but easily bored, perhaps things are just moving too slowly.

I desire recognition just like other Singapore working women. the promotion is overdue. i dont feel appreciated. not involved in discussions. sometimes, i dont know what im holding on to anymore.


No comments: