Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Sourcing for ID / Contractor

The reno search began almost a year ago, cos I'm very kiasu and scared of ever increasing prices. Heard of ppl spending $60k - $100k when I asked around, and no way I'm going to pay so much! Sad to say, I don't find that the outcome of their house is worth that price.

Went to home expo, to get a feel of the 'upper limit' of how much I should pay. Quotes from Rezt and Relax and Ecela (yea that red bus company :D) $35k - $55k. Not so bad, given these are the companies which pay to go expo and looking for ppl to 'tok'. Hoping to do the reno with $25k and furnishings and electronics another $15k. Total $40k. $$$ fly away.

After that, we've met 80s studios, Custombox too. None gave us a 3D. but i feel that if u just give me a quotation, then how i know if u know what i'm talking about? I'm choosing a ID not contractor, asking for design is not too much, right?

Praying for an ID who will know what we want.. and deliver good quality.

I'm still undecided about the way to go, even in the most general sense. Here are the two looks which I like the most.

Is it possible for them to co-exist? Both white and wood, but don't know how to mix them. Mehhhhhh.

image
quite sold on the white glossy look that's just so clean. and we like the whole row of cabinet idea.

IMG_4646
got sold by the way the homeowners deco'ed their place. which made the whole design come alive even tho actually their cabinets is super simple (almost boring). now it's very cosy and homely! :)

im not confident if i can do the same, and therefore more swayed towards the standard modern look in first pic.

No comments: